Friday, August 28, 2009

Army = Emotional Roller Coaster

John called at 7:15 this morning and said my orders have been changed. I will be going to pick them up around 9:00. An overwhelming amount of fear and anxiety swept over me. What does this mean? At that point John didn't know, he said his unit had deployed yesterday and that he could be sent right over there or changing units. After a lot of tears, an e-mail to my wonderful military support in Lynchburg, crying and praying in the shower I waited for John's phone call. My friend Lindsay had emailed me saying, "even in the military the Lord's hand is always at work." Why do I even doubt God for a second??? Later this morning John called and said that his orders had been changed to the 1st company and that they would be leaving in a month. There was someone high up in the office that happened to ask John if he had a family he was trying to move. John said yes and the man said, I am going to help you out and changed him to the 2nd company. They will not be leaving until next year. Praise God! I am so thankful that we will have time as a family to get settled at Ft Bragg before he leaves. So we are really going...we will be moving to some house on base within the next couple weeks..maybe... God is good and faithful always!
Enoy some of the latest family pictures by Sabrena Deal :) I asked her to take some family pictures with the thought that John would be deploying in the next couple months.











No comments: