I am a military wife (hence the title of my blog) and a mom to three little girls. I am very proud of my husband and the work he does. I am proud to be a military family. This is not just another job it is a calling. I think it needs to be that to go through what you have to go through sometimes. We knew going into this that their would be hard times. Times of separation because of training and deployments. Knowing this doesn't make it easier when you are going through a deployment. As I sit here on a Friday night, when most families look forward to a weekend together, I can't help, but to just write out some ways you can help a military family. Military families are everywhere. Don't think that because you don't live in a military town that we are not around. If you see a mom with three kids at the grocery store struggling DO NOT roll your eyes at her and talk behind her back about how misbehaved her children are. This doesn't help her... You have no idea what she is going through.
1. Offer to mow their yard or wash their car- or even better, just show up on their doorstep one day and get to work.
2. Invite them to join you on your family vacation.
3. Take them a meal.
4. Make a few "emergency casseroles" for their freezer or anonymously send them a gift card to a restaurant.
5. Call them in the evening or on a weekend to chat.
6. Invite them to sit by you at church.
7. Offer to babysit.
8. Ask on a regular basis, "Is anything broken in the house that we can fix for you?"
9. Have them over for dinner on the weekend.
10. Send a note of encouragement, letting them know how much you appreciate their spouse's service to our country.
We had planned on going to Surfside Beach for the day on Sunday, but with all the fun over the weekend we just didn't make it. We were just way too tired and needed to just relax. We brought out the baby pools and my Dad got out his ocean kayak to take the girls out on the pond. Anna was all about it. It took Eliza a little more time to warm up to the idea, but she did end up going.
Eliza is so proud of herself for going with Poppi on the pond.
These girls are going to be such friends growing up together :)
My beautiful sister tied the knot this past weekend. We had a wonderful time meeting his family at the rehearsal dinner. They had a wonderful ceremony at St. Andrews and afterwards had a great time all together at the Peninsula Grill in downtown Charleston. Welcome to the family Steven!
Alden and Steven
Kaitlin and David
Kaitlin, Marmee and David
My parents look great!
Sisters! She is a gorgeous bride!
Kaitlin and David
Great picture of my brother and sister.
Good one of all three of us.
Love this last one..it was getting late!
I didn't take any pictures from the weekend :( I could kick myself, but I enjoyed every moment and I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I was trying to take pictures. These are just a few from my mom's camera. I can't wait to see what her photographer captured.