Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Deploying...

I haven't done a family update in a little while...well, from the title of this post John is once again deploying. We found out two and half weeks ago and he will be leaving soon. (Can't give any specifics) It came as a shock and I have had my break down moments, but have a peace about everything now. We have a family plan in place and it is crunch time getting everything ready. When John leaves I will be headed down to Mt Pleasant, SC to stay with my parents. My Aunt Kaye recently married an OBGYN, Dr. Shipley, and he will be delivering the baby in Columbia, SC. The plan is that I will be induced May 14th (17 days away!!!). I will be in SC probably for the next 6 weeks or so. I am really doing well, but I do have my weepy, pull-out my hair, crazy moments. When I think about John missing the birth I could just sit and cry, but their are many positives out of all this and I can see God at work. Prayers during this time are much appreciated...Safety for John and the men that he is with, smooth labor and delivery for me, and that the girls would transition smoothly to having Daddy gone for a little while and a new baby sister, patience and continued peace for me too :)

I am very proud of John and the work that he will be doing! Here are some recent pictures of John and the girls. I am putting together a little album for each of the girls with pictures of them and their Daddy. They can take it with them to my parents and look at them when ever they miss him.






3 comments:

Becky said...

we are most definitely praying for you all!!!!

Jennifer Doss said...

wow! you are an amazing woman! i will be praying for you, John, and the girls!

Amy said...

My husband was gone with the birth of our first child and it was the closest I have ever felt to the Lord! It's an intense time, but the Lord knows best :) I will for sure be praying for you and your family!