Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Update...

It has been a little while since an update so here it goes....We are staying busy with gymnastics, ballet, barnes and noble story time, and hanging out with our friends Kelly, Andy and baby Seth. Aunt Alden came to visit last weekend and we loved having her here. The girls and I had so much fun being with her. I will be 28 weeks pregnant tomorrow! I have made it to the 3rd trimester and on the last leg of this pregnancy. I am ready to meet little baby girl Allen! (Hoping to come up with a name soon) John has been gone now for a lot of weeks, but good news is he may be coming home early and SOON! Yay! We are waiting for more information about an exact date. Well, the Army is making me grow and stretch in different ways. First, it makes me rely on the Lord...I have to lean on Him and Him alone. I think I have a tendancy to look to John too much. I hope I am making sense (not a writer here and have a hard time expressing exactly what I mean). God comes first and John cannot be God. I think through all this I have grown closer to the Lord. Also, with the Army their is a lot of waiting, changing of plans, things that come up and basically you have no control over anything. As a scheduled person this is tough! God is taking me out of my comfort zone and again saying trust me...he is of course much bigger than the Army! Here are some recent pictures of my wonderful kids. They keep me on my toes all the time. I never really know what they will do next or say next for that matter. I guess this is normal  for toddler/pre-school age.


Eliza and I are trying to wake up Anna from her nap...love Eliza's cheese smile...


Here is Anna knocked out! I put her in a time out at 4:45 knowing she was overly tired!! She cried so hard for about 5 minutes and then I found her like this. It was so hard to get her up. I had the light on, Eliza and I were playing and I used the blender. Poor thing she was so tired, but I knew if I didn't wake her up after a 30 minute nap she would be awake at 11:00 at night...


Eliza dressed up as a beautiful bride at the Fayetteville Museum...


"The Grocery Store" Our friend Andy playing with the girls.They had so much fun playing at the grocery store with the carts, food and money.





Here is her cheese smile again...I love it!


We have put it off, but I couldn't any longer...First hair cuts for the girls...Their hair looks so much better and healthy. There is a great kids place in Fayetteville to go. The girls had fun!



4 comments:

Heather @CritterChronicles said...

Wow Christina, Eliza looks JUST LIKE YOU in the picture where she's getting her hair cut! Like a little carbon copy. Glad to hear you're all doing well and surviving John's 1st deployment. Just remember that when you do find out his return date and details, don't put them anywhere online. :-) Sorry - can't help but give my OPSEC spiel whenever I can.

Christina Allen said...

Thanks...yes! I just got them and I am not saying a word until he is here at the house :)

Becky said...

So glad to hear that you are doing well. The girls are getting big!

We had a place in Springfield called Cookie Cutters that we used to take J to get his haircut. Your place looks similar. J loved it there.

Love and hugs to you!

Christina Allen said...

Thanks Becky..miss you friend!