Monday, July 19, 2010

Operation no more pacifier...

Operation no more pacifier was a success!

It did take about 4 days for her to adjust, but we survived. It has now been about two weeks and she no longer asks for her pacifier. She seems a little more grown up to me. I had wanted to get rid of it earlier, but with a new baby coming and John leaving I thought it would be a little too much all at one time. Next we will be working on operation no more diapers for Eliza. I have been successful with Anna, but Eliza does not seem as interested. She will use the potty, but does not want to wear underwear. Anna was really into it. Eliza not so much. I bribe her with treats, toys and a special potty dance, but doesn't want any of these. I guess I just need to hold off and wait until she is ready...

Eliza sleeping peacefully with no paci.


Could we fit any more animals in the bed???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful children. I agree, give her a little more time. Some kids are late bloomers in some areas of life, it's just their own personality trait. A little more patience and love is all that's needed. Congrats :)

Leslie said...

way to go with the paci!! that is a hard process - I've been through it twice. My last two didn't use pacifiers, so that made it easy. Congratulations, and good luck with the potty training :)