Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's craft project

This summer the girls and I have loved doing crafts together. I love simple, easy, fun to do crafts. I got the dyed rice idea from my friend Leslie's blog. She home schools her boys and comes up with a lot of fun creative things to do with her kids. All you need to dye rice is plastic bags, rice, food coloring and hand sanitizer (so simple). You put the rice in the bag, add a little hand sanitizer and a couple drops of food coloring and mix it around. Voila, dyed rice. I drew a picture with glue on construction paper and the girls added the rice.







At the end they had fun mixing all the colored rice together. I got them some spoons and they pretended the were cooking in the kitchen. All around it was a fun afternoon with a fun activity.




The finished product. Then we saved the rest of the mixed rice to do more art work another day.



2 comments:

Jennifer Doss said...

wow! what a neat idea and they turned out so cute. your girls are really good at craft activities. they focus well. impressive!

Leslie said...

awesome!!! Looks like your girls had fun! And now I know what to do with my leftover rice!