Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas...

CHRISTMAS 2010

My little ballerina's





Such sweet sisters


Christmas morning

 Beautiful


Papa and Eliza


Marmee and Abigail


David and Kaitlin (such a cute couple)


Alden and Abigail


Cousins Camryn and Caleb (wish we could see y'all more often!)



This year we had a really wonderful Christmas together as a family. We went to my parents home and then the Monday after Christmas we went to Marmee and Papa's house (grandparents). It was great seeing family that we haven't seen in a really long time. It was an emotional, but special time as we gathered in there living room and Papa told us how much he loved us, meant to him, and was proud of us. He then prayed. It is a time I am so very thankful for even though it was hard. He knew, we knew, that it would be his last Christmas. Papa passed away January 2nd and went to be with the Lord. My Mom described it best when she said that my heart has not caught up with my head. That is how I feel. Intellectually, I know he is with the Lord. He feels no pain, no sorrow and is fully healed. My heart, though, is hurting. I am still so emotional and sad. He was such an amazing grandfather and I am so blessed to have had him in my life for 30 years! I know with time my heart will catch up to my head!










No comments: